Thursday 30 January 2020

Design Summary Draft 2 - Where's my Supersuit

In the article “It's 2019 - Where’s My Super Suit, Zelik (2019) writes about the significant and unique features of the exoskeleton made by his team as well as brief descriptions of current commercial versions of exoskeletons. The main function of an exoskeleton is to reduce the risk of muscular injuries. However, modern designs do not appeal to the public because they are cumbersome and costly. The writer endeavors to improve upon the modern designs with a few distinct features. One of these features includes has a “clothing-like” appearance that resembles a super suit consisting of vest, short, elastic bands and a switch. Another feature allows the user to move “freely and fully’ by turning off the suit using the outfitted switch. In addition, the lack of batteries, motors and protruding parts offers a lightweight and seamless design. Lastly, Zelik (2019) claims that through laboratory tests, turning on the suit reduces substantial loads on the lower back. 

Reference

Zelik, K. (2019). It's 2019 - where’s my super suit. Retrieved and adapted from https://theconversation.com/its-2019-wheres-my-supersuit-115679

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

My primary goal for this module is to overcome my anxiety of public speaking and be able to express my thoughts clearly and confidently to...